Monday, April 13, 2009

A Blast From The Past!


I saw a woman in the street today - she was the blast from the past!


We were both heading for the same shop but when I saw her I immediately rearranged my itinerary and went to a different shop first. I had neither desire or intention to be in the same shop as that woman! (I'm particular about the company I keep and my standards are never that low!)


I have written in this blog about the false allegations against me and the threat of Social Services and adult protection that we were subjected to during the last year. Allegations and threats that arose for two reasons; firstly because I had dared to challenge the medical team when they were clearly wrong about the undiagnosed problem and secondly, because I had the audacity to complain, first to the trust and then to the Healthcare Commission.


It isn't the first time that we have encountered such bullying, harassment and intimidation.


Throughout Hari's life I have noted that the first line of defence within the trust is attack! When they are in the wrong or out of their depth then the easiest option is to blame the mother. That is how they do things in Bristol!


For fourteen years I was repeatedly told that I didn't feed Hari enough - the implication being that her lack of growth was entirely my fault. When they finally diagnosed the real problem (and I am still saving that story for later!) nobody bothered to apologise, either for the harm they had caused Hari or the way they had treated me. Naturally UBHT/University Hospitals Bristol NHS Foundation Trust refused to take any action at all when we complained.


You have to wonder why, during those fourteen years, the allegations that I was neglecting Hari never went beyond the hospital.


The question you need to ask is: why didn't social services bang on our door and take Hari away if I was so clearly starving her?


I'll tell you why!


'They' knew all along what the diagnosis would be.


How would 'they' have explained Hari's continuing lack of growth if somebody other than myself was responsible for her care?


There's your answer!


There were other occasions when allegations, implications and threats were more important to the hospital than Hari and her need for adequate health care.


I can list them all!


And I can link every one of those occasions to somebody within the NHS neglecting Hari and her health care, either through total ineptitude or deliberate neglect that was at times based on discrimination.


So back to the woman in the street!


I first encountered her in 1984 at the maternity hospital - when the first false allegation was made against me. An allegation that was made to cover the negligence that had occurred during ante-natal care and Hari's birth. (I'm going to save those stories for later too!) This woman's attitude and behaviour at the time were appallingly unprofessional and it won't be too long before I decide to relate that particular story in full !

1 comment:

BloomingPouf said...

You have to wonder why, during those fourteen years, the allegations that I was neglecting Hari never went beyond the hospital. The question you need to ask is: why didn't social services bang on our door and take Hari away if I was so clearly starving her?

Just guessing... but could it be that there would have been one hell of a big Human Rights case to answer, and they didn't want the Heads of The Legal Aide Board clogging up Coronary Intensive care?

@~>~>~~~
March 5, 2009 7:06 PM

(reposted by moderator April 09 after technical changes)